The ground was situated on the south side of
Great Western Road at Barrington Drive. It was leased to us by
the Glasgow Accies who were formed in 1866, they in turn became
the Glasgow Hawks in 1997.Our first match while at Burnbank was
on the 11th September 1875 when we entertained our old foes
Vale of Leven who at the time were second only in stature to
Queens Park. The Rangers managed to achieve a very notable 1-1
draw. We also hosted Clydesdale here on a couple of occasions,
a relationship that was to bear fruit in the coming years.
Ground (1870) around the time Rangers played
from the Founders Trail was taken from roughly the same spot as
the picture above.
Burnbank Moses McNeil became the first ever Rangers player to
be capped by Scotland when he played against Wales at Hamilton
Crescent Partick on 25th March 1876. Our last match at Burnbank
was on 18th March 1876 a 0-0 draw with Clydesdale.
above shows the view north from Park Quadrant (1867)
across Burnbank to the new tenements on Great Western
were continuing to grow and would soon be on the move
again to plant our first roots on the City's